Re: Standalone remote monitoring devices

tcmontanye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The camera is a good start but I'd like to control some
> lights and maybe something that would make some noise.  I'll be able to
> call someone in the area if I see something going on but in the
> meantime it would be nice to be able to scare people off too.

I know of a (very) remote two-way radio site in Oregon which occasionally has
vandalism problems.  They installed an intercom system so that if the alarm
trips the local police dispatcher can have a conversation with the intruders.
You might consider some VoIP system along with the video monitoring.

--
Chuck