internet security camera

recently bought a hawking wireless internet camera for about $120.00.
Not too happy with the quality of the picture and it's horrible in low
light. I guess $120 is an entry level camera, and I got what I paid
for.

So now I am looking to upgrade and I am noticing that the better
quality cameras go for $300 to $500 (that's a big jump up in price).
Why are these cameras so expensive?

I just bought a digital video camera for $200 that has great
optics. Why cant I get the same great optics in an internet security
camera for about the same price?  I mean at 300- 500 dollars there is
no way I would buy more than one camera for my house. Now if the
industry came down a bit in price and at the same time gave me a better

quality camera, i would think about buying 3 or 4 cameras for the
house.

any feedback?

thanks