Re: X10 still around?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:18:54 GMT, Marc F Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<5uvti1dl5ep5m1uoi769304mbsrgaaoar8@xxxxxxx>:

>The Napco fire-security system I have has frustrating limitations in
the
>response time for 'lighting vectors' that the ELK may not have. And the
>software interface has limitations that I won't discuss but Are also in
the way >of 'progress'.

This makes it seem that the software I use (CyberHouse) has
vulnerabilities that it doesn't actually have, so being vague may be
counterproductive.

The issue is that you cannot disarm the Napco security system through
CyberHouse as coded/installed/intended. This was done on purpose,
apparently at Napco's request/insistence. Even if you somehow break into
the PC, you can't mess much with the Napco security system. This is not
the case with all other HA software that support Napco (but that I don't
use).

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org