Re: Looking at Zwave products and need recommendations?

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:23:25 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote in
message  <431a9148.108082978@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I spent a lot of years dealing with people from the self-made owners of 10
>person job shops to the manufacturing superintendents of Fortune 500
>companies. I learned to trust my instincts about people. All my alarms went
>off at our very first exchange of email. He is a permanent resident of my
>killfile and as long as no one quotes his crap I won't see it and won't
>respond.

This is an *amazing* confession by Dave that explains much.

Our first exchange of email was in 1999 I when I noticed someone posting with
an email address from our local broadband provider. Like a good neighbor, I
introduced myself and we had a discussion around how to program the Cisco
routers we both had. I reviewed today the email that correspondence and find
simply that I was courteously helpful by answering Dave's questions. Nothing at
all awry or amiss for normal folk.

But apparently Dave -- whose "instincts about people" are based on dealings
with _business_ people --  had "alarms [go] off" because in his business
experience if someone volunteers out of the blue to be helpful without a
self-serving financial angle is, something is awry.

I am scientist, not a business person. And I now spend most hours of most days
_donating_ my time and expertise to a variety of matters of public concern
(google "Marc Hult"). (The newspaper route that I had in junior high school
requiring  papers to customer by 7AM in sub-zero Minnesota weather brought
needed money, but taught me that I wasn't going to spend my life working
primarily for financial remuneration. and I haven't.)

So Dave apparently judges the _content_ of my messages by first filtering them
through a wildly mistaken notion what of he thought/thinks are my intentions
(rather than focusing on the facts)  and then further distorts the information
he receives by filtering his newsfeed. No wonder he gets it wrong.

Way sad stuff.

Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org