Re: X10 still around?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:01:56 -0400, Robert L Bass
<sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<ss5ui1576824cqo6spvjc5vhk3l0dle8ge@xxxxxxx>:

>I'm sure you know this but for the benefit of newbies I'll
>mention it.  All of your existing hard-wired sensors are
>compatible with the ELK M1 Gold system.

>I'm surprised.  I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression
>that you had done your own installation.

When we bought the house, there was already a non-communicating, older
Napco system installed. I moved the panel, upgraded to 9600, integrated
with  HA system, installed additional Napco relays, wireless, and inputs
and added sensors. I bought most all of this through a mail-order
company with which you are very familiar and had my questions answered
by you when I got stuck.

But many of the original sensors and wires were indeed "recycled". Silly
not to. They still work perfectly. I _am_  a little surprised that those
somewhat dubious looking contacts have never failed after more than 20
years.

I have a change-over question. Is it 'acceptable' practice to have two
systems on the same sensor? There are EOL resistors on most everything.

TIA ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org