Re: which size of OFC loudspeaker cable should I use?

<reellifetv@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> By the way I'm posting from the UK, not usually thought of as a
> metric-based country, but my Bryant catalogue is fully metricised.

You're definitely more metric that we are!  Highways are in kilometers,
right, not furlongs, rods, whifflewaits or whatever.  I don't recall seeing
many Americans ever refer to wire in other than AWGs.  The wire gauge scale
was designed by the same dummies that designed stellar magnitudes:  The
bigger the number, the dimmer the star; the bigger the number the smaller
the wire.  At least Richter and Fujita got it right with the earthquake and
tornado scales.

As Bruce mentioned, 16AWG is fine for most apps.  If you want to squeeze
every watt out of your equipment, go for a thicker wire - less amplifier
power will be converted into heat.

--
Bobby G.