Programmable dimmer

Hello

I want to simulate sunrise in my bedroom. I want to use a ceiling
mounted incandescent fixture to do it. This fixture is controlled by an
ordinary wall-mounted switch.

I think I need a programmable dimmer that can be installed on the wall.
Does such a device even exist? If not are there any other ways to
achieve this?

Thanks
internetpet

p.s. This is all local to the bedroom, no remote/radio control, X10 or
anything like that should be necessary.