Re: Programmable dimmer

Doesn't Intermatic make some sort of single-gang switch with timer gizmos?

Like these:

http://www.intermatic.com/?action=subcat&sid=97

http://www.intermatic.com/?action=subcat&sid=154

Other vendors probably make equivalents.  Also, you may want to replace the
current single-gang box with a double in order to fit the timer along with a
regular wall switch.  This to retain normal on/off control.  You'll have to
either wire it up in parallel or work out some sort of 3-way configuration
(provided the timer supports it).

Realize, of course, that this won't "automagically" set the sunrise/sunset
interval.  To do that you'd need something with enough brains to compute the
time given the location.

But what is it you're trying to accomplish?

-Bill Kearney