Re: Programmable dimmer

internetpet wrote:

> I want to simulate sunrise in my bedroom. I want to use a ceiling
> mounted incandescent fixture to do it. This fixture is controlled by an
> ordinary wall-mounted switch.
>
> I think I need a programmable dimmer that can be installed on the wall.
> Does such a device even exist? If not are there any other ways to
> achieve this?
>
> Thanks
> internetpet
>
> p.s. This is all local to the bedroom, no remote/radio control, X10 or
> anything like that should be necessary.

Wouldn't it be great to have some kind of serially controlled RGB LED
lamp device that you could hook up to your home server and allow you to
controll light intensity and color from a script or program? Maybe even
one that's wifi controlled. Something like the ambient orb, but more
flexible and without the need of a proprietary radio network (
http://www.ambientdevices.com/cat/orb/orborder.html ).

Simulating sunrise in your bedroom sounds pretty cool esp. if you could
also simulate the color tones. Unfortunately the real sunrise thing is a
bit to unreliable to count on in these parts...

Ximinez
http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/paulfitz/spanish/t1.html