Re: Programmable dimmer

internetpet wrote:

> I want to simulate sunrise in my bedroom. I want to use a ceiling
> mounted incandescent fixture to do it. This fixture is controlled by an
> ordinary wall-mounted switch.

A PCS smartswitch can come pretty close. You can program a scene with a
ramp rate of 13 minutes. The only thing is that you need to trigger it
somehow. A dawn/dusk sensor would work if you wanted to sync to the
real sun; otherwise you'd have to set up a timer, such as on a CM11A,
to set the scene in motion. The light can still be operated on/off
normally via the switch.