Re: ACNC Doorbell Fon question

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%

> Re: Operation on a 12v gel cel.  The unit would need to be plugged into
> a UPS as it's 110 vac powered.

Darn, I thought sure I saw/assumed/hallucinated what I thought was 12VDC
input in one of the wiring diagrams I saw.  This changes the plans a bit.
I'll clearly get more runtime per gel cell with a straight-thru 12VDC
connection and a float charger, and at a lower cost than a UPS, but an
off-the-shelf UPS might be a cleaner, more "movable when you leave"
solution.  Any idea what the unit draws on standby?

Here's another question:  How do you wire HA stuff into a house in a way
that it clearly "does not convey" short of labeling each control unit with
the buyer-unfriendly "Not Included?"  I could see someone not wanting the HA
per se, but wanting to make an issue of it being partially removed by
closing.

--
Bobby G.