Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

"Matt" <mattmorgan64@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Yep. Thats the whole thing though - isn't it? I'm still amazed at the
> number of people who believe that something is true because it is
> printed somewhere.

Ain't that the truth!

> I guess it's always been true in the age of paper; a CRT makes little
> difference in the equation.

Interestingly enough, it's easy to find dozens of copies of the same bad
information.  Webmasters sometimes don't create their own web content.  :-)

> snip . . . I don't  think any of them would want their yard dug up
> to run a cable. (Obviously (hopefully)  it's not likely that it's
> mandatory the new revs dictate outside mounting).

It will be interesting to see how they manage it.

> In my mind, mounting the device in the meter pit is only an option for
> new construction, if a cable run is required.

I've read in more than one place (as if that matters!) that some
jurisdictions are considering making these devices part of the building
codes for new construction.

> And then on the flipside; if they did come up with some sort of
> wireless scheme....... hmmmm. Reliability has to take a hit there.
>
> So, I dunno.

It's hard to evaluate vaporware!

--
Bobby