Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

> Yep, I learn a lot surfing the web.  And sometimes, it's even RIGHT!

HAHAHHAAHAH

Yep. Thats the whole thing though - isn't it? I'm still amazed at the
number of people who believe that something is true because it is
printed somewhere.

I guess it's always been true in the age of paper; a CRT makes little
difference in the equation.

Otherwise phising and spam would be pointless.

Oh well, to get back on topic....

IF the new model can be mounted outside, the I'm HOPING they built in
some sort of wireless communication to it.

While I personally know many people who would gladly fork over the $$
for a device that would tell them if they had a leak in their main
line, and/or prevent a washing machine disaster, I don't think any of
them would want their yard dug up to run a cable. (Obviously
(hopefully)  it's not likely that it's mandatory the new revs dictate
outside mounting).

In my mind, mounting the device in the meter pit is only an option for
new construction, if a cable run is required.

And then on the flipside; if they did come up with some sort of
wireless scheme....... hmmmm. Reliability has to take a hit there.

So, I dunno.

I DO KNOW if the 2000 model were available today - and it behaved
according to spec; I could sell at least 20 of them today.

(Well, I havn't seen pricing info yet)

In any event - this is all fascinating to me. Combine water loss
savings + water damage savings + cashing in on the mold hysteria = a
profit for all concerned.