Trying to build Gaming Machine

First of all, I am trying to build a blazing fast machine mostly for
gaming, some CADD, Photoshop, video recording/editing.  I want to build
a dual processor system.  First of all is a dual opteron system going
to be faster than say a single FX-55? By how noticieable? I am planning
to spend a good amount to get what I want I do not plan to skimp
anywhere.  Next, If a Dual system is the way to go, Should I even
consider Xeon.  How does a dual 1.4 Opteron compare to a dual 3.0 Xeon,
for I can build both for in my budget.  Maybe I am wrong though, I just
thought i had found both for roughly similar prices online.  My biggest
concern is the processor as far.  Once I get that down I can decide on
Mobo.  I know that I want at least 1 probably 2 Gigs Mem, SCSI, at
least 2 drives(1 - 10k,36Gig, 1 - 10k,300Gig), at least 256 meg vid
card, several PCI slots including PCI-X, and all the extra expansion
possible.  The trouble is finding a mobo, that will accomodate all that
I want and dual cpu's.  Maybe I am going in the completely wrong
direction here, I just Don't know.  Please can ne1 help with
reccomendations?!?!?!?