Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

"Matt" <mattmorgan64@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Yeah, good points. Seemed pretty strange to me as well.... there has to
> be more to it than what I was told.

I didn't find any references to patent counter-claims so it's conceivable
they've learned a lot from their first model and are going to redesign it.
Odd they'd run out of things to sell.  That seems to be a bad thing have
happen to a going concern.

 [re: outside mounting]

> All I could figure was maybe if it were
> mounted in the meter pit (where I live the meter is usually in the
> front yard, with the customer responsible for everything after the
> meter), then the customer would be alerted to a leak in the line
> between the pit and their house.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.  Plenty of people have very long
pipe runs between the meter and the house.  External mounting would prevent
serious underground water loss.

> >Second to hurricanes is not where I would have rated plumbing leaks.
> Who
> >knew?  I guess I will be accelerating my pipe mike tests.
>
> ROFL. I would never have guessed that either.

Yep, I learn a lot surfing the web.  And sometimes, it's even RIGHT!

--
Bobby G.