Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

>I'll bet someone's got one in the supply chain somewhere.  I wonder
why
>there's a total redesign with no overlap or closeout deals.  Were some

>Flologic units behaving illogically?  :-)  Z?  Are you listening?
This is
>sometimes what happens in patent disputes.  A company will stop
selling
>product X and redesign it completely to avoid paying royalties.

Yeah, good points. Seemed pretty strange to me as well.... there has to
be more to it than what I was told.

>Who would want to?  The less HA controls accessible from the outside,
the
>better.  I guess some people don't have basements (which blew my mind
when I
>first travelled to California and other climes).  If the land there is
so
>expensive by the square foot, why not double the livable area with a
>basement?

I was wondering that myself. All I could figure was maybe if it were
mounted in the meter pit (where I live the meter is usually in the
front yard, with the customer responsible for everything after the
meter), then the customer would be alerted to a leak in the line
between the pit and their house.

>Second to hurricanes is not where I would have rated plumbing leaks.
Who
>knew?  I guess I will be accelerating my pipe mike tests.

ROFL. I would never have guessed that either.