Re: Project for hotel security -- might be something for CHA gurus

------=_NextPart_000_060A_01C5360B.90234D60

So you're saying mounting a camera on top of a 20mm Gatlin gun and using =
a motion detector for detection may be a bad idea? Damn, I really =
thought I had a good idea for an added WhiteWater defense system....
Actually, professor....I wasn't telling you all to run out and buy some =
of these devices and install them. Rather that someone (some company) =
which I believe was either in Europe or Asia, had developed this into a =
Pan/Tilt Camera.
You'd be liable if the purp tripped at the doorway, fell over, and broke =
his nose on the chip rack.
I could share a few stories of "Dead fall traps" which were, and are =
perfectly legal. But as you pointed out, a liability still exists, and =
it is not worth the actual effort, nor an explanation.
I agree with your statement. (Legally) Personally......I can neither =
confirm nor deny....
  "J Baber" <jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
  Jim Replys:
      You would be completely liable for any and all injuries the might =
or might not be suffered by an intruder because of such a device. It =
would be considered by the laws of all the states in the US just as if =
it were any other such device.  Such "DEAD FALL TRAPS" are definitely =
illegal.

  Jackcsg wrote:

Hey, believe it or not, there is a company which designs a device that =
can
project tasers, and even a propellant gas to knock out the intruders. A
buddy of mine sent me the link once, and I thought he was FOS, unit I =
saw
the unit. It's actually built in to a camera housing, and can rotate =
around
for firing the deterrent. I'll try to find the link. They were looking =
patent this device, and actually showed a video from a C-Store of it's
operation............--=20

Jim Baber

------=_NextPart_000_060A_01C5360B.90234D60

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>So you're saying mounting a camera on =
top of a 20mm=20
Gatlin gun and using a motion detector for detection may be a bad idea? =
Damn, I=20
really thought I had a good idea for an added WhiteWater defense=20
system....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Actually, professor....I wasn't telling =
you all to=20
run out and buy some of these devices and install them. Rather that =
someone=20
(some company) which I believe was either in Europe or Asia, had =
developed this=20
into a Pan/Tilt Camera.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>You'd be liable if the purp tripped at =
the doorway,=20
fell over, and broke his nose on the chip rack.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I could share a few stories of "Dead =
fall traps"=20
which were, and are&nbsp;perfectly legal. But as you pointed out, a =
liability=20
still exists, and it is not worth the actual effort, nor an=20
explanation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I agree with your statement. (Legally)=20
Personally......I can neither confirm nor deny....</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"J Baber" &lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:jim@xxxxxxxxx";>jim@xxxxxxxxx</A>&gt; wrote=20
  in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:q6WdnXCWkoF92dHfRVn-rg@xxxxxxxxxxx";>news:q6WdnXCWkoF92dHfRVn=
-rg@xxxxxxxxxxx</A>...</DIV><FONT=20
  size=3D-1><BIG><BIG>Jim Replys:</BIG></BIG><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
<BIG><BIG>You=20
  would be completely liable for any and all injuries the might or might =
not be=20
  suffered by an intruder because of such a device. It would be =
considered by=20
  the laws of all the states in the US just as if it were any other such =

  device.&nbsp; Such "<FONT color=3D#990000><B>DEAD FALL =
TRAPS</B></FONT>" are=20
  definitely illegal.<BR></BIG></BIG></FONT><BR>Jackcsg wrote:<BR>
  <BLOCKQUOTE cite=3DmidgKCdnVQQ9rYeStbfRVn-tg@xxxxxxxxxxxx =
type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">Hey, believe it or not, there is a company =
which designs a device that can
project tasers, and even a propellant gas to knock out the intruders. A
buddy of mine sent me the link once, and I thought he was FOS, unit I =
saw
the unit. It's actually built in to a camera housing, and can rotate =
around
for firing the deterrent. I'll try to find the link. They were looking =
patent this device, and actually showed a video from a C-Store of it's
operation............</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE>-- <BR><PRE =
class=3Dmoz-signature cols=3D"80">Jim Baber

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_060A_01C5360B.90234D60--