Re: Newbie Advice needed

The neutral is not switched. It is a white wire and will be wirenutted to
other white wires. May I suggest you pick up a copy of a basic wiring guide
as can be found at Home Depot or any bookseller? You need to get grounded
(pun intended) with a basic understanding of electrical wiring to keep
yourself from making costly or even dangerous mistakes.