Re: Newbie Advice needed

I agree with what Mitch stated.

I wouldn't install X10 standard switches and buy something better. I started
with these got my hooked. I actually have 5 of these used. Several appliance
modules, cm11a, etc... I'll give you a great deal on these if your
interested something to get you started cheap. My email is posted. I also do
packages deals for bigger orders.

Leviton and Smarthome both have better switches. If money is a issue buy a
couple at a time. For appliance/lamp modules x10 are fine.

Ocelot is a great choice ( I have one) but it's a learning curve to learn to
program. But you will need a PSC05 to send commands.

ACT coupler/Repeater http://tech-home.com/act-couplerrepeater-p-306.html

Have you looked at Zwave?
--

Brian A. Dye