Re: Newbie Advice needed

Because you don't exhibit basic knowledge of electrical
"terms-of-art".  Not understanding the difference between ground
and neutral wiring may result in unsafe and potentially fatal conditions.

You asked whether " the circuits off the auxiliary panel are
somehow isolated from the main panel and its circuits."
This is one example from your postings which reveal
lack of knowledge.  Describing two hot and neutral wires
as "three phases" is another example.

Here are several self test questions...
Why do the two wires from a wall switch to a lamp fixture use
white and black insulation?  Which color wire carries the current?

What gauge wire should be used with a 20 amp circuit breaker?

Why does an oven or range top use three conductors plus
a green grounding wire?

You need not post the answers, but think carefully about making changes
to your electrical service if you have any doubt about the correct answers.