Re: Newbie Advice needed

"Free" <Free-spam-me-not@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:q3h9a1dhp9q75h4ko15rfqfu9oqfohguup@xxxxxxxxxx
> Now I have a question on where is best to install the
> coupler/repeater.  There are three places in my house where the three
> phases are readily accessible: 1) the main breaker panel, 2) the
> kitchen stove, 3) an upstair "auxiliary" breaker panel.
>
> One concern I have is whether the circuits off the auxiliary panel are
> somehow isolated from the main panel and its circuits.  Will PLC
> signals traverse the main and auxilary circuits?
>
> If the best signal propogation would come from installing the
> coupler/repeater at the main breaker, then I will do that.  But, I
> would prefer putting it at the stove (just for reasons of convenience
> - simpler to kill just the stove power vs. the whole house and I don't
> have to pull open an entire panel to reach the wires).  Would it be
> just as good to put it at the stove?

If you believe your residence uses three phase electrical power, you should
hire an electrician to install the coupler/repeater.  Most homes receive 240 volt
split phase service from a 240v utility transformer with a center tapped
secondary winding.  Read the labeling on your electrical service meter.
You might notice the words "single phase".

If you don't understand how electrical power is distributed in your home,
you can create an unsafe (life threatening) condition with "do-it-yourself"
modifications.