Re: ademco vista 20P expansion zone interior delay problem

Hi, thanks for the responses.  Earlier today I tried the following
I checked to see how I have these zones programmed and the programming
seemed
sound but the results were confusing.  I have three interior follower
zones
in my Vista 20P system,
zone 3 (no zone doubling) one of the main hardwired zones.
zone 15 on the first 4229 zone expander
zone 18 on the second 4229 zone expander
reviewing the zone types on the alpha keypad is as follows
Zn  ZT  P  RC  HW:RT
03  04  1  10  EL:1

Zn  ZT  P  RC  HW:RT
15  04  1  10  AW:07

Zn  ZT  P  RC  HW:RT
18  04  1  10  AW:08

For all of the RC response codes, 1st is 01, 2nd is 00 10

For testing these I did the following:
(under "normal" operation, the alarm appears to work fine.
open a door, entry delay starts, open a window, alarm sounds.
Zone 3 works exactly as an interior follower zone should.
The odd behavior is below)

arm away mode (wait for exit delay to expire)
trip 15, no change to display
trip 15 again, "check 15 ...."
trip 18  "alarm 15..."  "alarm 18..."
(where ... is the text describing the zone)

I disarmed the system and cleared the display of all messages
so it is ready.
arm away mode (wait for exit delay to expire)
trip 18, no change to display
trip 18 again, "check 18..."
trip 15 "check 18..."
trip 15 again  "check 15...    check 18..."
trip 18 again  now the alpha keypads are beeping a hi/lo tone
		and the fixed keypad is beeping continuous
		but the main siren is NOT sounding.

disarm system and clear display of all messages so it is ready
I tried changing zone 15 from type 04 to type 03 perimeter
arm away, wait for exit delay to expire
trip 15, first fault no change
trip 15 again, "check 15..."
disarm and clear display
arm stay, wait for exit delay to expire
trip 15, first fault no change
trip 15 again, "check 15..."

Now I will include zone 13, zone type 03 in the test
arm stay, wait for exit delay to expire
trip 15, no change
trip 15 again, "check 15..."
trip 13 alarm occurs instantly
so that proves that a type 03 on that 4229 will trigger an alarm
Zn  ZT  P  RC  HW:RT
13  03  1   1  AW:07

Hmmm, as I type this I notice that zone 13 has RC 1
I don't know if that was a typo on my part or not.
I wouldn't think it mattered as I don't have central monitoring.

Does anybody see any problems with the above sequence?
Next I'll try making zone 13 an interior delay or interior follower and
see if I can get it to act as expected.
Doesn't it seem odd that the first time I trip a zone the display does
not change but the second time it causes a "check" message to occur?  I
allowed plenty of time between each zone trip.
Ah well, I should stop typing, pardon the long post.