Re: wifi security alarm system

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:SMCdnTb9fKT630LfRVn-3w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> I suggest you read the gentleman's question.  I quoted it below for your
>>> benefit:
>>
>> I suggest you read up on the M1XEP.  It doesn't send ASCII strings.
>
> It's an Ethernet port.

True.

> It will send whatever the M1Gold tells it to send, including ASCII
> strings.

Nope.  The M1XEP won't send ASCII strings to turn on lights, or operate
other devices.  It's strictly a gateway to a Java enabled remote keypad you
can access over the internet and can be used to communicate alarms to a CS
that's set up for internet monitoring as well.  Read the freakin' manual.

The M1Gold will send ASCII strings over it's on-board RS232 port with no
need to purchase any other add-on device to communicate with another
computer or system capable of receiving them.