Re: wifi security alarm system

> You can setup custom strings for various events and send them to whichever
> port(s) you like, including any of the serial ports and the XEP.  For more
> details, please specify what you'd like to accomplish.

I'd like to write something which can interface with my phone system
(running asterisk). Basically if I could get the M1 to send a packet of
data according to a rule that would be ideal.. Then I can handle it from
there. It would be similar to the commands which would be sent down a
serial line, it's just that they would be bundled up in a UDP packet for
some application to recieve. Instead of being sent to a specific serial
port on the M1, it would be sent to an ip address and a port..

> The Ethernet port can be used to program the M1.  Open the RP software and
> select network as the connection mode.

Cool. That is good to know.. When I get an M1, I'll surely get this
adapter.. I need to get some structued wiring in the house first though.

-jr