Re: wifi security alarm system

> I'd like to write something which can interface
> with my phone system (running asterisk).
> Basically if I could get the M1 to send a packet
> of data according to a rule that would be ideal.

I checked with ELK on this and it they indicate you can send ASCII strings
via the M1XEP based on rules.

> Then I can handle it from there. It would be
> similar to the commands which would be sent
> down a serial line, it's just that they would be
> bundled up in a UDP packet for some application
> to recieve. Instead of being sent to a specific
> serial port on the M1, it would be sent to an ip
> address and a port.

TTBOMK this is doable.  Elk is good about talking to end users, even
potential ones.  Here's their tech number: 800-797-9355.

>> The Ethernet port can be used to program the
>> M1.  Open the RP software and select network
>> as the connection mode.
>
> Cool. That is good to know.. When I get an M1, I'll
> surely get this adapter.. I need to get some structued
> wiring in the house first though.

Hmm.  You might also like to know that Elk also makes a structured wiring
box which supports standard modules from several major players plus the M1
controller and accessories.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass