Re: Stargate Vs other home controllers?

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:39:01 -0400, "Robert L. Bass"
<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<EuSdnRRZ8aDKrlHfRVn-gw@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> When the Elk M1 -- an HAI competitor -- was introduced,
>> I assumed that it would have analog inputs like the Elk
>> Magic Modules (MM443 etc). But apparently it doesn't.
>
>Hi Mark,
>
>The ELK M1Gold does support analog voltage inputs -- up to 208 of them.

 Ahhh., The M1 doesn't but the M1 Gold does. That's mentioned on the very
last line of the specs ..

With that encouragement I looked some more at the docs which don't mention
how to implement analog inputs as far as I kind find.  How many bits of
resolution ?

I looked too at what was available of the explanation of the rule-building
process. Not many obvious ways to organize or check and important functions
seem to be missing. Can the rule set be downloaded and externally edited?
Can rules be added/changed while the M1 is running? If not, because each
rule is necessarily activated by threshold (change of state), not current
state, it might take 24 hours for a restart to make each rule do its
intended thing.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult