Re: Web controlled Music Server

> What I want to do is put that PC in a cupboard and forget about it and
> use another device (my home office PC or my Wi-Fi Palm) via my Wi-Fi
> intranet to control it and play the music from other rooms.  I'm not
> talking about streaming the music back to that device, merely
> controling the music server so the output goes into my HiFi system
> (which is already wired all over my home).
>
> Surely I'm not the only one to want to do this?  But searches find
> nothing.
>
> Can you help?

Depends. Can you ask a specific question? :-)

I *think* what you're asking for is a web-based Jukebox app. There are
so many of them, free and otherwise, that it would be hard to list them
all. So I'll just point out one that I use:
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_features.html
It's free, open source, works well, plays on the PC and also serves
Squeezeboxes or any other streaming MP3/internet radio tuner.

Hope that helps.