Re: Stargate Vs other home controllers?

Brett Griffin wrote:
> I would highly recommend the HAI product line.  The pricing is competitve
> with he JDS, but HAI has a longer and more reliable record.  HAi has more
> connectivity partners, and more interface devices such as touchscreens, web,
> Media center, smartphone etc...  The stuff that makes the system round out a
> little nicer.

I don't think it's as black and white as that. If you are a DIYer that
wants the ultimate in custom programming flexibility, the Stargate is
superior to the HAI. All the things you mention above to round out the
system can be integrated with the Stargate.

Does the Omni incorporate IR? Telephony (callerID/voicemail)? The Omni
seemed to be lacking these things last time I compared the two. (I
ended up going with an Ocelot though!)

- Mark.