Re: HAI Omni LT

> I liked the idea of being able to run/check up on the house via a Pocket
PC
> or a smartphone.
It is fun, I really enjoy my MPX-220, it works nicely to interact with my
home, it is not too big, and syncs with outlook, a great time saver with a
new phone.  I bought mine unlocked on eBay for $300, works on T-Mobile,
Cingular, and Sprint I think...

> Speaking of the LT, is there any way to use a larger battery than the one
> they recommend or is the built-in charging circuit limited to the size
I think they recommend a 4A/Hr, I usually use an 8Amp/HR.  You can go
bigger, that is the size the got the UL approval done with.  If you go too
big, than you have to get external charger setup, and you need to discuss
this with Tech Support.

> On a similar topic, can you tell me why UL regs insist that sounders draw
> approximately 2/3 less current than the LT can support?
UL requires them to operate the system for 24 hours and than operate in an
alarm state for 4 mins.  They probably chose a amp draw they could satisfy
the UL requirements with.

> I still haven't drawn up the diagrams of how the DoorFon will be
> interconnected with the LT.  If I understood Bruce Robin, it will look
like
> this:

This diagram was a little confusing (it is 2am though)  However, ensure the
telco is Demarc to DSL Splitter/Filter (if needed) RJ-31x, and then
Doorphone.  If the door phone is between the HAI and the demarc, than
conceivably the system could be trying to call central monitoring while
someone rings the door bell and that would be bad.  The DSL splitter/filter
allows one connection for a DSL modem and filters the rest of the house, if
you do not filter, most security systems get screwy with the DSL noise...

--
Brett Griffin, Technology Consultant
Architechtronics, Inc.

*Home of "fidoh" for HAI/OnQ/Aegis
http://www.architechtronics.com/products_software.html

**keep up on cutting-edge technology... join "the EDGE" for free at
http://www.architectronics.com/edge.html