Re: Nokia 770 "Internet Tablet" available at CompUSA

Haven't had it long enough to have an opinion (the only things I've done
with it so far is flash the latest rev of the software and set my family
page as its home page - does very nice imaging of my grandkids :)

However, there've been reports of better than five hours battery life (in a
770 thread in one of the HomeSeer forums).  That, presumably, is active
use - standby is considerably longer.

I suspect my ultimate use of the thing will be kind of like my laptop:
usually tethered to a power cable at the location I use it most (a recliner
in my living room), but free to move elsewhere for a few hours when
required.

I expect to adapt some HA webpages to its screensize, as well as some
networked camera stuff.  If it works out at least moderately well, I'll
probably buy at least two more for other locations in the house.

One note - I've been drooling over the Sonos stuff, but can't come close to
justifying the price.  The 770 is reminiscent of the Sonos remote (the most
attractive feature of the Sonos system, IMO) - I'm going to think hard about
how to achieve Sonos-like functionality with the 770.

    - Dennis Brothers