Re: Nokia 770 "Internet Tablet" available at CompUSA

> Looks like it's going to be a really nice HA remote.
> Details at http://www.nokiausa.com/770.

Ugh, 3 hours battery life?  I developed for the Newton and at least it would
last a full work day.  Granted, that wasn't fully wireless and wasn't color.
But still, from a usage perspective if it can't last all day normal users
will hate it.

I will say the clamshell flip-around case does seem like a clever idea.  But
I don't see any cradle options for it.  And if it's anything like my 6630
phone, it'll have the power connectors located in precisely the wrong place
to lend itself for use in cradle.  Let alone as a wall mount.  In looking at
the manual it seems that since the power, usb and audio outs are along the
bottom it might be possible to use a cradle of some kind.  But wall mounting
won't be without wires cluttering up the bottom (unless it's a cradle
mounted ON the wall, not recessed)

I can't get all that excited about $400 for a device that's basically just a
web browser, and undoubtedly one that won't be able to display enough sites
without hassles.  Couple it with crappy battery life and I'm even less
thrilled.  If it truly does full-screen, 30fps (or better) video playback
then I *might* start getting interested.  But this review doesn't hold out
much hope of that:

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Page=7&Id=1822

Playback only via local media?  No streaming video built into it?

Even then, only low-res gets anywhere decent frame rates:

-Bill Kearney