Re: Nokia 770 "Internet Tablet" available at CompUSA

(bit too quick with the send key...)

> Playback only via local media?  No streaming video built into it?
> Even then, only low-res gets anywhere decent frame rates:

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/VideoEncoding

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure lots of folks might like it.  But for that much
money I'm not sure it's worth it.

What might be more exciting, however, is the effort put into developing apps
that work with this sort of device.  I'll run the maemo apps on a desktop PC
attached to an in-wall touchscreen.  Getting more apps designed for the
point-and-go sort of UI this device requires will certainly be a win for HA.

-Bill Kearney