Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> > > Anyway, using a 2-number sequence for RF links would solve a stray RF
> > > problem from neighbors.  This can be implemented now  with existing
> > > high-end > > controllers like the Ocelot, or a modified RF to line
> translator.
> >
> > Are you (or is anyone) aware of a ready-to-go C-Max program that does
what
> > we've been describing?  I'm really a lousy C-Maxer.
>
> You may find some examples on the Adicon Support Forum.  If you can't find
> something to help, I'll code up an example for you when I get a chance.

Thanks.  In searching for that I found the old CPU-XA archives at:

http://www.lapseofthought.com/CPU-XA/author.html

That's where I left off with C-Max.  Ladder logic and I don't seem to get
along.  It feels like it's the bizzaro world of structured programming where
everything you know is wrong.

One question, though.  Is it going to be possible to do this with an Ocelot
via RF through off-the-shelf components?  I thought once I went the Ocelot
route, I had to use the X-10 remote in the IR, not the RF, mode.

I suppose if I set up housecode F for RF only and then had the Ocelot look
at every F code received and translate them into multihousecode commands.
That would enable me to use Dan L.'s escape codes to indicate multihouse
code commands since the Ocelot would let normal PLC traffic pass and only
react to the single RF housecode in a special manner.  It would be nice if
the Ocelot could read the RF directly, though.  Reading the PLC generated by
a TM-751 is going to add to the delay.  Now I see why all you microcode
gurus roll your own transceivers!

--
Bobby G.