Re: OT: Advice on Good Online Store Setup

E. Lee Dickinson wrote:

> There's something to be said for net gain, here. A typical post from Mr.
> Bass will contain a number of helpful answers, followed by "I sell these
> items in my store" and a commercial sig line.  His net contribution, here,
> is positive.

is advertising allowed in this group?

> Compare that to those of you who are admittedly "after (Bass)" who seem to
> contribute nothing positive. Frank's got a few positive posts, which we all
> appreciate.  In this particular thread, though, he instigated a line of
> insults with no specific provocation.  Net loss.

paybacks are hell, Ole Anderson.

> Marc's on the right track in asking people to please take some personal
> responsibility to preserving the S:N ratio of this group. If you see Mr.
> Bass write something that contributes to net loss in the group, by all means
> point it out. But taking an otherwise innocuous thread and ruining it is
> lame. Attempts to justify yourselves with amorphous claims about 'other
> groups' holds no water in THIS group.

its all usenet.

and besides, you know, those boys that blew up the trains in London were
such nice boys here in our neighborhood.  they helped me cross the
street and take out my garbage.  just because they blew up your
neighborhood is no reason for me to have to get involved.  As a matter
of fact I don't  even want to hear about it. It upsets me too much.

> I delete half the posts I write before I send them, after asking myself "Am
> I really contributing something to the group here?"  The answer to this
> particular post is probably "no," but there's not much salvageable out of
> this thread anyway.

since this thread is shot anyway.