Re: And Now for something completely different!!!

On 11/3/2022 3:29 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/2/2022 6:06 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

>>> Yes, one of those digital entry locks would work if it wasn't for the
>>> new panic hardware installed on the door. Well maybe, I am not going
>>> to get involved with trying to find something that will match up
>>> properly. I actually have a Aiphone Apartment access GT series that is
>>> connected to a door strike. The problem is that when I wired it there
>>> was no pathway for pulling additional wires. So the 24vdc digital
>>> wire that does all the power and communication for the call stations
>>> can't be used to power anything else.
>>>
>>> My thinking is that if I had a battery operated keypad w/ relay I could
>>> connect in parallel to the Aiphone relay to the strike.
>>>
>>> Maybe I need to figure out a way to get a clean 12vdc wire to the
>>> keypad. It is finding a good 120vac source that can be used for a
>>> easily/properly 12vdc wall wart installed.
>>>
>>> I need to spend more time on site to think this out.
>>>
>>> Later,
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> Just saying but wont any kind of out door accessory keypad expose the
>> building to unauthorized entry to anyone with just a little bit of
>> knowledge about relays etc ?
>>
>> Don't you think?
>>
>> You'd need a secure box to mount it on and rugged mounting for the box
>> and security screws on the keypad, metal pipe or otherwise protected
>> wires to solar or other power protected too.  $ $ $
>>
>> Sounds like a source of "worms" to me.
>

> No.  A keypad tied to an access control system that sends Weigand or
> other data to instruct the control to operate a relay located inside the
> access controller rather than outside at the door will not expose the
> site to such a simple attack.  However, admittedly this does not sound
> like what Able1 is talking about.

Well the problem has been solved...........

......................to a point until I get it done!!!

At the Rear Door I will need to run outside conduit from a box that will
have 120vac receptacle with the needed power supply to provide 24vdc to
the Exterior Call Box.  This will feed the Aiphone GT-NSB Display Module
and GT-10K Keypad properly.

As for the Front Door I will need to tear out the "NEW" baseboard
molding to expose access to the basement as well as a portion of the
"NEW" wallboard to pull a new wire through from the Exterior Call Box
down to the basement panel to the needed power supply.  Then somebody
will have to make Beautifarkel repairs & painting to the big hole.

The typing above was rather simple!!  Doing it will NOT BE as simple!!

It is what the customer wants so, I will do my best to accommodate. ;-)

And they will monetarily compensate me!!!!

Les