Re: And Now for something completely different!!!

On 11/1/2022 11:45 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hey guys!!
>
> I am having challenge and thought I would reach out to
> get some quality input!!
>
> I am in need of a small programmable keypad that would have
> a single N/C relay contact that is Weather resistant.
>
> That is Battery Operated.
>
> I know! I know!! The Battery Operated part is the tough part.
>
> But............... maybe someone could give a hint of who
> might make something close.
>
> Any thoughts??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Les

IEI used to have some decent weatheproof keypads that are 12V, but like
you said... battery.  I can see why you might not be able to share more
of the application, but an idea of estimated usage, idle current, active
current, any secondary current, cycle frequency... might give you some
quidelines as to whether you could get away with something like a gell
in a box. Or a gell in a box with a solar charger.

I once ran an entire alarm panel with cellular off a 60 watt panel using
a small rack of gells and an inverter.  Several of them actually in
unpowered model homes.  Of course I have the privilege of living in a
place where a restaurant once advertised free meals any day the sun
doesn't shine.  They paid off once, but technically they didn't have to.
  The sun broke through just before sunset.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com