Re: And Now for something completely different!!!

On 11/1/2022 3:18 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 11/1/2022 11:45 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hey guys!!
>>
>> I am having challenge and thought I would reach out to
>> get some quality input!!
>>
>> I am in need of a small programmable keypad that would have
>> a single N/C relay contact that is Weather resistant.
>>
>> That is Battery Operated.
>>
>> I know! I know!! The Battery Operated part is the tough part.
>>
>> But............... maybe someone could give a hint of who
>> might make something close.
>>
>> Any thoughts??
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
>
> IEI used to have some decent weatheproof keypads that are 12V, but like
> you said... battery.  I can see why you might not be able to share more
> of the application, but an idea of estimated usage, idle current, active
> current, any secondary current, cycle frequency... might give you some
> quidelines as to whether you could get away with something like a gell
> in a box. Or a gell in a box with a solar charger.
>
> I once ran an entire alarm panel with cellular off a 60 watt panel using
> a small rack of gells and an inverter.  Several of them actually in
> unpowered model homes.  Of course I have the privilege of living in a
> place where a restaurant once advertised free meals any day the sun
> doesn't shine.  They paid off once, but technically they didn't have to.
>   The sun broke through just before sunset.

Hi Bob,

This is for a AirB&B to give access to the building.  There is no
available power source.  And in trying to get wire there would need
at least 2 Quarter Sticks of Dynamite.   The usage would be maybe
four time a day when occupied.  A GelCell would work but then the box
would need to be of an undesirable size.  I was thinking if there was
a keypad maybe a 2x4 box with a 3 Volt Lithium would last maybe
6 months could do the job.

There are a lot of factors to make this work.  But, if only someone
would have said 2 years ago to plan for a AirB&B for this unit life
would be so MUCH easier.  For now the plan is to use a key in a lock
box on the door knob.

I had looked at IEI Linear before but there does not seem to be one
that fits the bill.

Thanks for the almost hint!!

Les