Re: Unusual Challenge

On 10/23/2021 12:07 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
> I know, I know,
> I always run a four wire or at least a pair to just about every opening ( especially on a prewire) but I thought that one audio glass break would cover the area when wired it. It's all closed up now, but when I tested the single GB it wouldn't pick up the tester from all windows so now I have to run two detectors back to the panel on a single four wire but I want them on separate zones.
> I'm not sure if you are asking me how to do it or offering to tell me how to do it. I finally figured it out but I had to draw it out on paper. if you want to know how, let me know.
> .
> Problem is, now that I've re-learned that, I wont know till next time I have another problem that I can't figure out what it is that I've "un-learned", - - - - because I think I'm only working with about 8% of my bran smells now.
> .
> Tell me Les Please tell me that sometimes you hear things rattling around up there. Don't you Les? Huh? Don't you?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the challenge but I think I will pass.  I know it is
possible with a 4 wire but do I really need to add it to my
"bran smells"??  Maybe later, maybe!!

Well I have 'tinnitus' so the other bolts and washer flopping
around in there have something to help make a musical tone. :-)
Some time ago I was on a discussion group on line about tinnitus.
There was a doctor of some sort on there that offered a free week
of counseling at his office in Florida.  You just had to get there
and spend the time.  He said there were 3 distinct rules that had
to be followed.
1)	Don't talk about it!!
2)	Don't read about it!!
3)	Don't think about it!!

For what it is worth the volume has gone up by about 60%.

BTW I stopped installing Audio Glass Breaks 20+ years ago. Had customer
with false alarms because their cats were playing and knocked over a
set of stacked brass coaster on to the floor and other things.
I decided that the only true way to test them was to throw a brick
thru a window.  But I tell the customer I don't pay for repairs.
Motion Detectors are much easier to test effectively.

OH!! So where to you put the EOLR's??

And wouldn't it be easier/simpler to place the two GB's on the same
zone if they are in the same area??

Les