Re: Unusual Challenge

On 10/21/2021 10:30 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 6:58:58 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> Damn !
> After all that freekin "rambling" that Bob did - - - - - - I got almost nothin cept try attachin a longer wire to the antenna.
> Or, maybe tie a long string from the doorknob to a bell or the dogs scrotum in the other building.
>
> On the serious side, I presume you are using closed circuit mag contact on the door and you are  using the Altronics 6060 timer relay.  Did you remember to put the 1K resistor across the positive and TRG terminal? You can futz around a little with that resistor value to make sure the trigger circuit isn't getting to much or little bias voltage. (750 ohm / 1.2K ohms) It's possible that the relays components tolerances have shifted a little or the contact has accumulated a little more resistance than when you first installed it.
>
> That's all I got !

Thanks Jim,

No I did not install a resistor on the timer.  I did not think it
was necessary for a dry contact closer for the trigger.

I may be wrong on that but I will investigate and modify as needed.

I like the long string thought.  I will need to mention this to the
customer then next time I am there.

Again I am holding for one other to chime in before the revel.

Thanks!!

Les