Re: A real Brain Twister

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:08:44 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 6/10/2021 2:53 AM, mleuck wrote:=20
> >=20
> >>=20
> >> Yes that might be nice. As for the programming options that might=20
> >> relate there is a "Supervise" ON or OFF. I could turn it off but=20
> >> that might be a disadvantage. Since my typing I have opened one=20
> >> as I said and closed it up and tested. At this point neither=20
> >> has chimed in being "Lost". Of course that will change once I=20
> >> click on the send for this posting. :-)=20
> >>=20
> >> Les=20
> >=20
> > Try a range extender? You may have a dead zone. I've seen sensors that =
worked fine on installation that later started causing supervisories=20
> >=20
> > That's a nice thing about DSC PowerG sensors with a mile range, you don=
't see that happening like the old 319/433 MHz stuff=20
> >=20
> >
> Hi Mark,=20
>=20
> This isn't a range issue. There is something going on with the=20
> transmitters themselves. Yesterday both reported "Lost" again=20
> in the same minute. Placed on wet towel and both Restored and=20
> gave an Alarm. It just seems so odd that two units would do the=20
> same thing at the same time after 2 years of working with out=20
> any issues. Yes, it may just be an (up to this time) product=20
> glitch. The extra frustration is that is happens to ME and=20
> there is NO Tech Support to talk to about the issue.=20
>=20
> I am still monitoring to see if something changes (for the better)!=20
>=20
> Les
It's so weird
I may use a particular part say,  once every few months. So, I get one with=
 a problem. I call tech support and either they never heard of the problem =
or it's a faulty unit and has to be returned and i don't have a spare and t=
he whole freekin day is shot not even considering that everything that's al=
ready been scheduled for the week or so has to be juggled around.

NOW - - - -  Here I am. Just a one man business. Using maybe 6 or 8 or some=
 small quantity of a product a year. How is it that   - - -   " I " - - - -=
 get the bad one? There's got to be companies out there who are using hundr=
eds - - - maybe THOUSANDS  of this product every year.=20
If  " I " get a bad one out of the few that I buy - - -  are  you telling m=
e that these big users aren't getting dozens, hundreds of bad ones?  Obviou=
sly not, because the product stays on the market The distributor "never" ge=
ts any returns, and anyone I talk to doesn't have a problem.=20
But it just p^%#*s me off to no end as to how that can happen. How can one =
little company get the "bad" one?