Re: A real Brain Twister

On 6/10/2021 11:50 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> It's so weird
> I may use a particular part say,  once every few months. So, I get one with a problem. I call tech support and either they never heard of the problem or it's a faulty unit and has to be returned and i don't have a spare and the whole freekin day is shot not even considering that everything that's already been scheduled for the week or so has to be juggled around.
>
> NOW - - - -  Here I am. Just a one man business. Using maybe 6 or 8 or some small quantity of a product a year. How is it that   - - -   " I " - - - - get the bad one? There's got to be companies out there who are using hundreds - - - maybe THOUSANDS  of this product every year.
> If  " I " get a bad one out of the few that I buy - - -  are  you telling me that these big users aren't getting dozens, hundreds of bad ones?  Obviously not, because the product stays on the market The distributor "never" gets any returns, and anyone I talk to doesn't have a problem.
> But it just p^%#*s me off to no end as to how that can happen. How can one little company get the "bad" one?

NO JIM, YOU ARE WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!
I AM THE ONLY ONE THIS HAPPENS TO!!!
IF THERE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM SOMEWHERE
ON THE PLANET, I AM THE GUY THAT FIND IT FIRST!!

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN INVADE ON MY SPECIALTY??

:-)

Man, we must be twins!!  Just last week I got a System Sensor 4WD Smoke.
Took it out of the box and tried to place the unit on the base.
It would not fit.  Called my Distributor and she went to the warehouse
and pulled one off the shelf and it fit perfectly.  She sent me pictures
of the back of the smoke and the base.  The back of the the one I had
was a mirror image of the one she had.  There is a small circle
stand-off that when placed together it hit a cross shaped post on the
base and would not allow the parts to fit together.  Called the sales
rep for Honeywell.  Met him and he is presently with the unit and
passing on to those that are supposed to correct these issues.  I am at
a total loss as to how this could happen............... Unless someone
on the assembly line decided to have a evil thought one day and pulled a
back off a different product line and assembled it or placed in in the
4WD box.  I actually had a old 4WD in my storage locker and it was
mirrored opposite as well.

"How can one little company get the "bad" one?"

The sad part is that "WE" will never know!!!

Ok, I have bigger fish to fry today and next week.

Have a better hour, day, weekend all!!

Les