Re: A real Brain Twister

On Monday, June 7, 2021 at 9:06:39 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> Hey Guys!!=20
>=20
> I have been having a real challenge lately with a house with=20
> a Interlogix NX8V2. This is really one for the books but rather=20
> than type a not so small NOVEL I will focus on just one small part.=20
>=20
> I have two TX-E611 Flood/Freeze Sensor as it called. The two have=20
> been working fine for two years. Then a couple of weeks ago one=20
> was reported as "Lost Transmitter". Now that usually means that the=20
> panel did not receive a transmitter check in on schedule. Thinking=20
> is was maybe a low battery and talking to the customer it was agreed=20
> that he would get the batteries and replace.=20
>=20
> Since they were both the same age I suggested that he replace them=20
> both just because. The battery is a CR2450 coin battery. Don't know the=
=20
> actual voltage of the original batteries but presently one is at=20
> 3.192vdc. I haven't opened the other as of yet. When the units are=20
> placed on a wet towel they will signal in as Restored and then signal=20
> Water Alert.=20
>=20
> To determine if the problem was with the customers receiver I removed=20
> the units from the house and learned them into my system. After=20
> learning in I tested both units and the both triggered a water alert=20
> as they should.=20
>=20
> Then I just waited. BTW learn in was Saturday morning at about 10am=20
> All has been fine until today at 9:48am when both units reported=20
> Tx Lost. If the test time is 24 hours then on the second 24 hour=20
> cycle it failed to signal.=20
>=20
> My first question is does anyone know what the test cycle is on=20
> Interlogix Transmitters or Receivers?? I thought it was more like=20
> 4 to 6 hours but never really knew for sure. Basically if all worked=20
> then why worry about it. Well now, it would be nice to know.=20
>=20
> My other question would be what would cause a transmitter to stop a test=
=20
> signal cycle?? I can understand maybe one going bad somehow but two??=20
>=20
> The other part of this post is to ask if anyone knows any Forum or group=
=20
> that might have better knowledge of the Interlogix product line??=20
> I would call Tech Support and stump them if they were still on the job.=
=20
> They were up until August of 2020 but that is now history.=20
>=20
> Thanks for any insight guys.=20
>=20
> Les
Hi Les,
I won't be much help since I know next to nothing about Interlogix . . . ho=
w ever, in the Napco Quickloader program there's a section that allows you =
to adjust the check-in time of the transmitters. Most people just overlook =
this part of the program because you have to scroll down on a page and it's=
 not very apparent that you can do so. If you don't know it's there it can =
be missed. Could there be something like that in the Interlogix program?

Also, have you tried clearing the program from the panel and re-downloading=
 it? Sometimes just a little glitch in power or whatever, can change someth=
ing in the program. Just had that happen on an old Napco panel a few weeks =
ago.