Re: Hey wats up?

On 12/28/2021 11:22 PM, RTS wrote:
> On 12/28/2021 6:34 PM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> You might review your call list (slot & name)
>>> If the auto arming is calling out the last entry as the stay then
>>> blank for the away arm..
>>> Try adding, name= "Auto-Armed" in the last= "slot"..
>>> . . .
>>> Just my guess you understand,
>>> The last DCS I worked on was like 20 years ago..  ;-)
>>>
>>> Best of 2022 to you and all....
>>>
>>> RTS
>>

>> Sorry Rocky, you didn't read all I typed.
>> What I did not type is that there are a total of 43
>> codes in the system.
>> Mary Smith was #42 and John Doe is #34.
>> #42 is now blank.
>>
>> The mystery continues!!
>>
>> Les
>>
> Quick question,  does the user slots have general, partitions, or select
> groups..?.
> With only the general group being chosen for your report..?
>
> Just grasping at straws now..
>
> RTS

Hi Rocky,

 From Default programming I just added the Name, Code and Partition 1 for
each user.  This is not my first DSC Neo, but is the first for Auto Arm.
Personally I find the DSC Neo a HUGE PITA.  I can affirm that it was NOT
designed for the Installer!!!

Such as the 5 straight pins for connecting the PCLink to the board.
Always have to remember it's is the left 4 pins and the Connector needs
to be UP.  I marked my cable with UP to help me get it right.  Then I
just found out that in order to get a signal to the C/S for a completed
Download or Programming I had to turn on (308)(312)-4 DLS Lead Out.

First off why would the label be "Lead Out" What does that mean??
Then it sends a Contact ID code of both 627 and 628??

627 Program mode entry
628 Program mode exit

As opposed to "412 Successful download/access"

Well that is just a few of my Pet Peeves on the DSC Neo system.

I typed the above to inform all that read this of things you may not
have known before and hopefully helped your knowledge level.

Have a good day!!

Les