Re: Hey wats up?

On 12/29/2021 8:04 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 12/28/2021 11:22 PM, RTS wrote:

>>> Sorry Rocky, you didn't read all I typed.
>>> What I did not type is that there are a total of 43
>>> codes in the system.
>>> Mary Smith was #42 and John Doe is #34.
>>> #42 is now blank.
>>>
>>> The mystery continues!!
>>>
>>> Les
>>>
>> Quick question,  does the user slots have general, partitions, or
>> select groups..?.
>> With only the general group being chosen for your report..?
>>
>> Just grasping at straws now..
>>
>> RTS
>>
> Hi Rocky,
>
>  From Default programming I just added the Name, Code and Partition 1 for
> each user.  This is not my first DSC Neo, but is the first for Auto Arm.
> Personally I find the DSC Neo a HUGE PITA.  I can affirm that it was NOT
> designed for the Installer!!!
>
> Such as the 5 straight pins for connecting the PCLink to the board.
> Always have to remember it's is the left 4 pins and the Connector needs
> to be UP.  I marked my cable with UP to help me get it right.  Then I
> just found out that in order to get a signal to the C/S for a completed
> Download or Programming I had to turn on (308)(312)-4 DLS Lead Out.
>
> First off why would the label be "Lead Out" What does that mean??
> Then it sends a Contact ID code of both 627 and 628??
>
> 627 Program mode entry
> 628 Program mode exit
>
> As opposed to "412 Successful download/access"
>
> Well that is just a few of my Pet Peeves on the DSC Neo system.
>
> I typed the above to inform all that read this of things you may not
> have known before and hopefully helped your knowledge level.
>
> Have a good day!!
>
> Les

In times past I used a panel group from Israel..
Talk about weird programing.
Really the problem was in language translation..
Whoever translated Hebrew to English for their manuals
needs to go back to school...
Hebrew reads right to left..
English reads left to right..
Those bits in the middle usually made sense, but that was about all..

Software programmers can take two miles of code to do the simplest
thing, like turn on or off a switch...

{if A=+1 and B=-1, then if A & B are on at same time you get  "BOOM"}
Now see now simple that was....

RTS
--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*