Re: Napco panel master code question

On Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 5:45:06 PM UTC-5, Jim Davis wrote:
=20
> If you're interested in what's coming up next go to isecurealarms dot com=
. This should be interesting to see what they've concocted. From the looks =
of it it looks like they may have squeezed 10 pounds of  Starlink cellular =
and a 1664 into a 5 pound plastic casing. If they did, I don't think it wil=
l fly. Other mfg's are putting whole systems into to a small hub box. This =
looks like it's huge in comparison.=20

Other manufacturers hubs are designed to sit on a counter, this looks like =
it would replace the main panel in a closet, I don't see size as an issue h=
ere

On the other hand if you remember debating about circuit board design a few=
 months ago this design COULD be much smaller if Napco had followed DSC, Ho=
neywell and Interlogix in integrating components into a smaller board. I ca=
n't see the innards of that box so who knows
=20
> Also, they're still using the same old wireless motion detectors and glas=
s break detectors from 20 years ago. Wireless smoke detector and 1664 are t=
he only new things they've come out with besides the Starlink radios in the=
 last 5 years. I'm not sure, but I think I read that the wireless door/wind=
ow transmitters for this new system aren't backward compatible with the old=
er units.

It does state NOTE: GEMINI TRANSMITTERS ARE NOT SUPPORTED BY ISECURE SYSTEM=

So now they have a new line of sensors for just one panel? Thats kind of si=
lly unless whatever else they are developing supports them

If the sensor design is good this isn't an issue, Interlogix sensors (at le=
ast the ones they still make) are from 93/94, same with DSC 433 MHz stuff a=
nd Honeywell 345 mhz

Even Qolsys is using sensors based on Interlogix....from 93/94

The industry is slowly moving to more advanced encrypted sensors but the va=
st majority is still old tech