Re: Napco panel master code question

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 9:58:00 AM UTC-4, szig...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> First, thanks to everyone who has helped me with questions regarding my N=
apco alarm system.
>=20
> I have the quickloader software and am able to upload and download with n=
o issues.
>=20
> I have a P3200 panel and I see a master Security code, download security =
code, dealer keypad program code on it.
>=20
> My parents have a Gemini 816 panel and I only see a download security cod=
e box no Master.
>=20
> If we ever needed something done to the 816 panel that I could not do and=
 the installer needed the code they could change it and lock us out since t=
here is no master security code? Am I correct? Why is there no Master secur=
ity code on the 816 or is there a setting I need to do to see that appear o=
n the quickloader?
>=20
> Just trying to be careful so we don't get locked out in the future if som=
eone works on the panel?
>=20
> Thanks in advance.

I'd guess that it was just the manufacturers choice not to provide as much =
security on a less expensive panel.=20

Also, you have to know that the manufacturer (Napco) is not typically consi=
dered a DIY friendly company.