Re: Form B Reed Switches on Wireless Alarm Sensors

On 7/27/2018 6:41 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Thanks Jim!!
>>>
>>> BTW have you or anyone called NAPCO tech support recently??
>>> If not, call during the day(busy time) and see how long you
>>> can suffer being on hold. RAP music would be a blessing.
>>> I don't want spoil the pain by typing the experience here.
>>> If you have then you already know.  If not then dial 800-645-9445, 1
>>> , 1
>>>
>>> Also Jim, all of what you typed above is absolutely accurate.
>>> The mfg's use US as their QC Dept.  PITA
>>>
>>> Later,
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> W.E.L.L.L.L...�  I have to say �� that �� since I (in another life
>> many many years ago) was a tech support guy, that I
>> kinda,sorta,maybe, sympathize with (some) tech support departments.
>> Although I sometimes have a long wait for  NAPCO tech support, since
>> I've been using their products since the mid 70's I kinda let it
>> slide when there's a long wait. But, on the other hand, I very seldom
>> HAVE to call them and since I'm located very near their main office I
>> have the opportunity to go to all of their important tech seminars
>> that they give quite often in this area. I've got somewhat of a
>> reputation with some of the engineering department and some of the
>> older techs. Well, maybe not a "reputation" but possibly more of a
>> rapport, since they know that I'm local. There's sort of a comradery
>> between "New Yorkers" that's just not there with people from other
>> areas of the country.
>> .
>> I think I've mentioned this here before but, I have a theory that
>> there is such a thing as a "New York Minute" and this is gleaned from
>> my past experience as a "telephone jockey".
>> .
>>   My theory is, that a New York Minute can be about 30 seconds long.
>> When a true New Yorker is talking to another person, by the time the
>> person has half finished his sentence, the New Yorker is already
>> responding.  For anyone south and west of New Jersey, and north of
>> Connecticut you can increase that to 45 seconds. Of course, the time
>> warp eliminates all the "niceties" normally extended and expected in
>> return by the "other" people. This is why most people from other
>> areas think that New Yorkers are rude. We're not rude. We're just 30
>> second ahead.
>>
>> I don't know where you are, so don't take offense. It's just a
>> theory. Or â?¦.. I guess it could be just an excuse and we really are
>> rude.
>>
>> I've tried to pay attention to conversations that I've had with
>> non-New York techs and the pattern seems to be somewhat detectable.
>> Not all the time but sometimes there seems to be more pausing and
>> banter and a "social" air to the conversation with them then with New
>> York based techs. If you have an opportunity, give a listen sometime.
>>
>> On the other hand ��. when I was a young man, I always used to wonder
>> why old men where so crotchety ------ now I know.

> [...]
Good to know...
But since Email came around  I never call tech support.
I just drop em a email with cut and paste manual parts or photos..
That tends to get a timely and concise answer...
plus i have a written record of contact and answers if followup is needed..

RTS