Re: Form B Reed Switches on Wireless Alarm Sensors

On 7/25/2018 12:08 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 7:39:03 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 7/24/2018 9:55 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>>
>>> On 7/24/2018 11:17 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>>>   > On 7/23/2018 11:07 PM, BobbyD wrote:
>>>   >> Anybody know of any wireless alarm transmitters that use Form B (NO)
>>> magnetic reed switches in them?  Just curious...  Thanks in advance.
>>>   >>
>>>   > Dear Bobby,
>>>   >
>>>   > Is this a trick question??
>>>   >
>>>   > The words "in them" may have been typed wrong.
>>>   > "With them" may the correct way of expressing the question.
>>>   >
>>>   > Most all "good quality" devices transmitters will work "with them"!!
>>>   >
>>>   > You just need to program and configure as needed for whatever you
>>>   > are trying to do.
>>>   >
>>>   > It is the cheap stuff that is questionable!!
>>>   >
>>>   > If it was intentional to use "in them" then why would anyone care
>>>   > if they work out of the box??
>>>   >
>>>   > Les
>>>   >

>>> You ok Les?  You are sounding particularly curmudgeonly today.  I
>>> thought, "Gee, that sounds like me.  I don't remember writing that."
>>>
>>> Imagine my relief when I read your name at the end of the post.
>>

>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> "curmudgeonly"??
>> Did you spell that out of memory??  LOL
>>
>> Well I guess I just had a different day, or something.
>> Thanks for taking notice!!
>>
>> Les
>
> Hmmmm!
>
> I didn't notice anything different.

Hi Jim,

It might have been the color of my hair or something that
I don't have any of...............

I do know that recently I had spent hours+++ on a NVR trying
to DL some video to a flash stick.  Only to find out later
that the procedure is undocumented.

Now you may say, what so difficult in that??  Well, when
you choose the video files to export and then click on OK.
Nothing and I mean nothing pops up indicating that files
are being written to the flash stick.  I finally figured
out that if I click on Ok and then walk away for about
15 minutes that upon return the files were there.

Only after I demo'd for the local sales rep. and he was
puzzled as well, was it pointed out by some other
corp-tech that "Oh, you need to click on that icon in
the upper right hand corner to see the files that are
being written to the stick.

Absolutely nothing in the docs.  Under pressure to get
the files before they get over written.  Hours of time
wasted.  Anyhow it was not enjoyable.

As for what I typed here, I guess I could sugar coated
it a bit.......... maybe..............

Maybe I should have asked if he is thinking of a
Form B HELD open or energized magnetic reed switch.

A â??Form Bâ?? would mean the contacts are Normally Closed
or NC when the coil of the relay is not energized or the
there is no magnetic field nearby in a reed switch.

A â??Form Aâ?? would mean the contacts are normally open or NO
when the coil of the relay is not energized or the there
is no magnetic field nearby in a reed switch.

Hence why I asked if it was a trick question.

Guess we shall never know.

Les