Re: Form B Reed Switches on Wireless Alarm Sensors

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 2:07:25 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 7/25/2018 12:08 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

> >> Hi Bob,
> >>
> >> "curmudgeonly"??
> >> Did you spell that out of memory??  LOL
> >>
> >> Well I guess I just had a different day, or something.
> >> Thanks for taking notice!!
> >>
> >> Les
> >=20
> > Hmmmm!
> >=20
> > I didn't notice anything different.
> >=20
>=20
> Hi Jim,
>=20
> It might have been the color of my hair or something that
> I don't have any of...............
>=20
> I do know that recently I had spent hours+++ on a NVR trying
> to DL some video to a flash stick.  Only to find out later
> that the procedure is undocumented.
>=20
> Now you may say, what so difficult in that??  Well, when
> you choose the video files to export and then click on OK.
> Nothing and I mean nothing pops up indicating that files
> are being written to the flash stick.  I finally figured
> out that if I click on Ok and then walk away for about
> 15 minutes that upon return the files were there.
>=20
> Only after I demo'd for the local sales rep. and he was
> puzzled as well, was it pointed out by some other
> corp-tech that "Oh, you need to click on that icon in
> the upper right hand corner to see the files that are
> being written to the stick.
>=20
> Absolutely nothing in the docs.  Under pressure to get
> the files before they get over written.  Hours of time
> wasted.  Anyhow it was not enjoyable.
>=20
> As for what I typed here, I guess I could sugar coated
> it a bit.......... maybe..............
>=20
> Maybe I should have asked if he is thinking of a
> Form B HELD open or energized magnetic reed switch.
>=20
> A =E2=80=9CForm B=E2=80=9D would mean the contacts are Normally Closed
> or NC when the coil of the relay is not energized or the
> there is no magnetic field nearby in a reed switch.
>=20
> A =E2=80=9CForm A=E2=80=9D would mean the contacts are normally open or N=
> when the coil of the relay is not energized or the there
> is no magnetic field nearby in a reed switch.
>=20
> Hence why I asked if it was a trick question.
>=20
> Guess we shall never know.
>=20
> Les

Well =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 Thank you Les, for the refresher course in relay co=
ntact configuration. But all of that can be eliminated if you use a form C =
=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. so there!
.
I know all that information is in this brain somewhere just waiting to be c=
alled upon the next time I come across a relay. ( Or, like the new trainee =
with the "Electroix background" said ------------- "Wot's a relay")
.=20
(That reminds me of my favorite over the desk poster that says " Sex mons a=
go, I count evan spel injunear, now I are one")
.
Re, NVR. =E2=80=A6. Yeah, it's amazing how all these devices get out in the=
 field and the only one's who know how to use them are the Mfg techs. Even =
if there IS documentation it's either wrong or incomplete and to boot, you =
have to download it because they don't send it with the device. And it's us=
ually 178 pages long with everything you never wanted to know in it. ------=
-  THEN =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 when you discover the discrepancies and=
 you go on line for the information, all the nomenclature and instructions =
(including videos and pics) is for prior versions but no info for the one y=
ou have in the field. NOW, it's a half hour waiting and listening to rap mu=
sic on hold for tech support who =E2=80=A6.. if you're lucky =E2=80=A6.. yo=
u may get one who knows what they're talking about without putting you on h=
old while they "check the data base " =E2=80=A6..=20
.
OH and What I meant by "HMMMMMM I didn't notice any difference" is that you=
 just seemed like your usual nasty self =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 :-0 ( jus being =
sarcastic)