Re: Telguard trouble solved...maybe

On 7/1/2018 3:40 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

> I was installing cell units before most folks on this group I think.  My
> first ones were analog cell that I programmed with a handset from a
> Motorola bag phone.  They were trigger activated.  You used outputs from
> the panel as triggers.  I think they only had 4 trigger inputs.  I don't
> even recall what they were called, but I was using them when Telular
> (Telguard) was still acting like they were the only player in the market.
>
> I've used Uplink, TelGuard and Starlink of course.  By the time I got
> out Telguard and Uplink had assholed themselves out of the market for
> me.  Starlink had its issue, but when they came out with their fire
> communicators I no longer had any need at all for those other guys.
>
> Telguard would also try to pass the buck when there was a problem after
> you waited on hold for them to finally answer.  All my problems went
> away when I swapped out my last units to Starlink.  Coverage can always
> be an issue, but...  that's the case with any cellular device.
>
> I just sold my last couple Starlink units a few weeks ago to some guy in
> New York or New Jersey or something like that.  I threw away my spare
> Uplink and Telguard units when I got my last ones in service replaced
> with Starlink.
>
> Telguard/Telular is to cellular alarm communicators like Dedicated
> Micros is to video recording.  They used to be somebody, but not for a
> very long time.

Hi Bob,

Back in 2003 I installed a system with a Telguard T1630M in a very
remote cabin on top of a mountain with 660 acre's of land.

The unit had a actual dialtone, so I connected a Princess type
wall phone that was used like any POTS line would be for both
incoming and outgoing calls.
It has long since died, including the customer.

Les